Friday, March 22, 2013

Decline in Readership since 2009

Walt Richmond, one of the very few people to ever comment on this blog, left a comment recently stating that people do not care about Africa and Africans. I suspect that is true for most of the world outside of Africa. But, it seems particularly true regarding those who read and write blogs. I looked at some stats today that showed that my readership had declined by over 80% since 2009 when I was based in Kyrgyzstan. Now maybe these stats are wrong, but if they are true that is a pretty stunning decline. I am not sure why the decline would be so great. But, maybe there is relatively a much higher interest in reading blogs written in Central Asia than those written in Africa?

4 comments:

delagar said...

Your posts on Africa are the ones that interest me most.

Just saying!

J. Otto Pohl said...

Thanks for stopping by. How did you come across my blog?

delagar said...

Bardiac, who I read regularly, has you linked off her blog.

IDK how she found you!

J. Otto Pohl said...

So you are very recent reader. She asked for blog suggestions a little while back and I suggested myself. I did not think she would actually link to me, however. BTW, I think we may have a friend in common. I went to college with Chris Fletcher. I recently got back in touch with him via Face Book after about 20 years of no contact.