Thursday, June 11, 2009

Interview with Walter Richmond on Circassians

Circassian World has an interview with my good friend Walter Richmond on the history and politics of the Circassians. This brief interview is extremely informative and brings a much needed humanistic and objective viewpoint to the past and present political situation in the Northwest Caucasus. He also has some very nice things to say about me.

"Although he has not written on the Circassians, J. Otto Pohl's tireless and uncompromising defense of all repressed peoples has been a great inspiration to me as well."

Walt has done a lot of fantastic work on the Circassians and other peoples of the Northwest Caucasus. It is a great honor to know that I helped inspire him in that scholarship. I urge all my reader to check out the interview.

No comments: