Friday, December 09, 2005

Where Soul Meets Body

After coming back from being gone from the blogosphere for a week I have come to some conclusions. First, I need to stop reading any blogs written by academics, especially those too cowardly to use their real names. Reading bitter whinging by radical feminist professors who have few publications and hate their students, but think they are superior beings because they have a Ph.D. is bad for my blood pressure. More importantly, it detracts seriously from the groovey vibe of living on Serenity Ranch. I truly do live "Where Soul Meets Body." There is a reason why all the great monotheistic religions of the world came out of the desert. This is where God lives. You can see it in the beauty of the landscape. I am much more productive and happy when I think about my immediate surroundings and ignore the vile corruption that has oozed out of the ivory tower into the internet.

2 comments:

KRISTIN said...

Very true. I've been thinking about moving to the woods or something, unfortunately here's no desert in Estonia :(

*I'm glad you're back online :)

J. Otto Pohl said...

Kristin, thank you for your sentiment. The woods between Tallinn and Tartu are very beautiful. I have taken the bus between the two cities four times.