Monday, August 22, 2005

Plans for next week

This next week I plan to finish putting together applications for the half dozen academic job openings I found that somewhat match my fields. I have two already to mail when I go to the post office on Monday. I will also type up, edit and send my abstract for the August 2006 conference in Canada on Monday. Then I need to work on the four remaining encyclopedia articles I have to write. I am going to tackle the one on the GULag first. After all, my first book, _The Stalinist Penal System_(Jefferson, NC: McFarland, 1997) was on this topic. So I should not have too much trouble putting together a 1000 word essay without footnotes. I am going to try and get some of the stuff with deadlines finished before I go back to working on Catherine's Grandchildren. So it may be a week or so before I start working in earnest on it again.

No comments: